Friday 5 January 2018

2017 Makeup Favourites



In some ways, 2017 flew buy, but in other ways, it felt like it was one of the longest years ever! I had started the year with the plan to be in London by the end, which did work out. But the process and waiting for the big move was frustrating at times. But all in all, it was a good year. With my favourites this year, I decided to be a bit a lazy on only talk about things I got this year that are my favourites, not a product for each category. Let me know what your favourites have been this year in the comments below.


Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick - £42

After months and months of debating wether or not to get this, I bit the bullet while I was in Melbourne a few months ago. I did have doubts on if this was going to suit my skin type but I have been wearing this foundation constantly for the last two months. It's easy to swipe onto my skin, blends out easily (my preferred brush is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush), and gives a good amount of coverage. It looks good throughout the day and I don't find myself getting oily during the day, just the usual glow at the end of the day. Would definitely recommend this to anyone!

Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance Palette - £43 

I was way behind in getting this, I didn't want to get it while the hype was still big. Worth the wait though, this palette is my red/pink eyeshadow dreams come true! Being an eyeshadow noob, this palette makes it really easy to create a look that makes it look like you have put 10 times the effort in that what you actually did. These shades really suit my eye colour so I know this will be a favourite for years to come.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara - $23USD

Another Melbourne purchase, which was made at Sephora, which I've used for the last month exclusively. Only a recent favourite but it's not often that I find a mascara I really love. It defines my lashes really well, giving them a bold but not clumpy look. It doesn't smudge at all for me which is so hard to find. Shame that it's going to be harder to source now that I'm in the UK.

Urban Decay Jean-Michel Basquiat 247 Glide-On Eye Pencil  - Anatomy - £15.5

Not sure if you can still get this as it was limited edition but I think they have a very similar colour in their permanent collection. When I saw this colour I had to have it. I have been a fan of Urban Decay eyeliners for a long time so I knew the formula was going to be great and I hadn't seen an eyeliner colour like this, especially matte. I mainly use this either as an eyeliner without any eyeshadow or in my lower waterline if I've done a orange eye look.

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette - £49

Another item in which I was very late to jump on the bandwagon but again, it was worth the wait. I never thought I would have got this because contour never looked good on me but this contour colour suits me really well. The highlighter is pretty good too, not my favourite but still great. A pricey product but definitely worth it if you want a great contour colour, especially those with pale skin like me.

Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow - Rose Gold Retro - £23

One of the most hyped up products of the year and in my opinion, worth all of it. I am a huge fan of glitter eyeshadows and this makes it so easy to have the glitter look without all of the mess. The applicator makes it easy to apply, once on it's easy to blend out and no fallout! It's a miracle! I've only got the one colour because they are so hard to get sometimes but I definitely want to get a few more to add to my collection.

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer - £24

Another one of the year's most hyped products, another one that took me ages to get my hands on because my shade - Vanilla - was sold out everywhere. Everyone was banging on about how great this was and oh my word, probably my favourite concealer ever! It covers everything so easily, blends really well into my foundation and doesn't look like you've added an extra layer on top of a hideous pimple. It's a bit pricey but a little goes a long way with this so it is really worth it.

What were your obsessions in 2017?

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig