Thursday 12 May 2016

My Picks From Maybelline


Maybelline would have to be one of my favourite brands in the drugstore. Their price point is spot on and the quality of most of their products is of a pretty high standard that would rival some of the higher priced brands.Even though I love most of the Maybelline products I've tried, there are some that have disappointed me. But that's not what I am here to talk about today, I'm here to celebrate the products that I love from the brand.


Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation - I tried the original Fit Me foundation when it came out but that was a disaster with my skin. It was way too dewy and was slipping and sliding all around my face. But fast forward to some time last year when they released this bad boy. It was love at first application. It's a lightweight formula that gives a nice light to medium coverage but can be built up to a certain extent. The finish is a comfortable matte and feels light on the skin. The staying power is pretty good, not the best ever, but good enough to last through hectic six hour shift at work on a Sunday. Also, I have the lightest shade in the range and it matches me perfectly, I'm a MAC NW10!

Colour Tattoos - Probably one of the most popular products from Maybelline, these cream eyeshadows can do no wrong. I find the formula a little harder to work with than the MAC Paint Pots but the lasting power and colour payoff is the same. A great option if you want to add a wash of colour to your lids or to use as a base for a smokey eye, they are so versatile and the colour range is pretty good. These are great for a beginner who is just starting out with makeup.

Their Mascaras - Maybelline in my opinion have the best mascaras in the drugstore. I have tried a few of them and I have never been disappointed. They always give my lashes a perfect amount of volume and definition and I don't find that they smudge. My current go to mascaras are the Pumped Up Colossal and the Lash Sensational. I have never met a Maybelline mascara that I didn't like.

Colour Drama Lipstick - Probably the closest dupe I have found for my favourite NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, these lip crayons are an amazing product. They glide on to the lips and provide a semi-matte/satin finish that last well providing you don't eat anything too oily. They feel really comfortable on the lips and the best part, they are super affordable. If you can't afford the NARS offerings, this is the next best thing.

What are your favourites from Maybelline?

x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post, I do like their Creamy Matte lipsticks, their Falsies, Big Eyes and Lash Sensational mascara. Their Colour Tattoos are lovely too. I used their BB cream for ages, a beautiful sheer base product. Great post, I wish I had tried more of their products. Thanks for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear you love them too! Definitely one of the better brands at the drugstore! x

      Delete
  2. I have to say the Bronze Colour Tattoo and the Lash Sensational mascara are two of my favourite beauty products of all time - it's easy to forget how many great products Maybelline do xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some great stuff! And there is so much more I want to try from them! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig