Thursday 10 July 2014

Top 5 Albums for Winter

Ah Winter, my favourite season of the year. My favourite thing is just to snuggle up on my bed with some blankets, the blinds open to see the rain luring down the window, a nice cup of milo,  a good book or my laptop, and some tunes to help me relax. I tend to associate different songs or albums with either memories, feelings, seasons, or places. For me, these 5 albums remind me of those cold winter months and are currently on rotation in my car, stereo, or record player.

5. HEAL - LOREEN

After her win in Eurovision 2012, I have been hooked on this Swedish beauty. This album just sounds so chilled even though it doesn't have that acoustic vibe we associate with this. It reminds me of when I was in Paris, walking around at night, specifically the song Euphoria, which reminds me of the night I spent sitting at the window till 3am, watching all the traffic drive by.

Top Tracks: Euphoria, Everytime, Sidewalk.



4. CEREMONIALS - FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE

There is just something about Florence's voice and the layered sound of the album that just gives off winter vibes. This is one I love to play on my record player as the crackling sound of the vinyl just gives the songs that extra edge of retro that this album deserves. Florence Welch has one of the most incredible voices going around so if you haven't heard her, what are you waiting for!

Top Tracks: Shake It Out, Only If For a Night, Spectrum.



3. SUCK IT AND SEE - ARCTIC MONKEYS

I love all of the Arctic Monkey's albums, but to me this one is a standout. The songs to me just remind me of winter, probably because this is the only CD playing in my car at the moment. The album is a great balance of their "classic" rock tunes that sound timeless to the crooning ballade-esque tracks where Alex Turner's voice puts me into a trance.

Top Tracks: Library Pictures, Piledriver Waltz, Suck It And See.



2. BON IVER - BON IVER

This album. THE FEELS! Whenever I listen to this, it just puts me in such a relaxed mood. The songs are all so beautiful and calming, this album is perfect for putting on when you have a bath or are just having some cosy time. Honestly, some of the songs bring me to tears sometimes because they are so beautiful, namely Beth/Rest.

Top Tracks: Beth/Rest, Minnesota, WI, Michicant.




1. SUBMARINE (OST) - ALEX TURNER

Submarine is one of my favourite winter movies, so obviously, this had to be number one. Alex Turner wrote the soundtrack for the mvid and oh my, it's so beautiful. Only 6 tracks but 6 tracks of Alex's acoustic crooning, yes please. It's such a chilled album and features an acoustic version of Piledriver Waltz, which is on the Arctic Monkeys album Suck It And See.

Top Tracks: Hiding Tonight, It's Hard To Get Around The Wind, Stuck On A Puzzle.


What are your favourite albums for the cooler months?

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig