Wednesday 29 June 2016

The Monthly Edit | June 2016


At the beginning of this month, I said that I would be having a spending ban on makeup. And I am happy to announce that I made it through! YAS! Even though I did a haul this month, all the makeup was paid for in May so it doesn't count. Sneaky? Yes. But still in May!


This month I started doing some volunteering at a play group and I've been loving it. The little kids are so cute and yes, their echoing screams in the hall can sometimes get annoying but little kids are just the funniest. One of them claimed my (exceptionally good) play dough snowman as their own when their parent asked what they had made, while they claimed mine was their (very flat) snowman! I see what you did there little one! 

BEAUTY

This month, I didn't really find any new gems really, but I've been trying to use up some of my older makeup that has taken the back seat lately. I've been loving using my MAC Studio Fix Powder as a powder foundation on days where I'm just running errands. I find it covers up most of my redness and hyper pigmentation well, but I think the colour I have is slightly too orange. One of my newest purchases, the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park has become a nude that I've been wearing on a frequent basis. I love the colour but the Satin formula means it doesn't last as well on the skin

MUSIC, MOVIES, & TV

In addition to listening to my monthly playlist, I have been obsessed with the album Communion by Years & Years. IT IS SO GOOD! If you haven't listened to it yet, do yourself a favour and check it out. There is not one bad song on the album and it's one you can listen to the whole way through without wanting to change or losing focus of it. Also, I've been digging Adele and her album 25. The song When We Were Young gives me so many feels. MUCH EMOTIONS! 

I haven't seen any new movies this month, but I have been tuning into a lot of Netflix. I just finished the second season again of Brooklyn Nine Nine, and why haven't they put the next season up yet! Also, I'm re watching Bad Education because that recently got added to Netflix and it's so hilarious, Fraser cracks me up every time with his classic banter. Also, I started Luther which is so good and gritty. Idris Elba is a great actor and the show is really well written.

INTERNET FINDS


JUNE POSTS


What has been happening in your world this month? 

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love Mr G! Listening to years & Years on spotify now, quite a nice sound!

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They are an amazing band, I really want to see them live someday! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig