Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Parcel by Marie Claire | The Autumn Edit 2016



After receiving 5 or 6 amazing boxes from The Parcel, I have come to expect a lot from them and what they feature in each season's parcel. This season, I was a little let down. Even though 5 of the 6 products are full size, I feel like the boxes are getting a bit repetitive.



I feel like in almost every box they have included an O.P.I. Nail Laquer, and I'm not really a fan of them. Also, this is the second time they have included a MOR Emporium Triple-Milled Soap, however this time the scent is different, blood orange. I'm not really a soap person and I don't know many people who still use it.

The inclusion of the Garnier Micellar Water is good because I feel it is something that everyone would enjoy out of the box, but it is a product that I feel most people have tried already. The Gilded Cage Unleashed Lipstick is interesting, it is an Australian brand I have never heard of. The colour I received is a frosted mauve shade which I'm not sure about and the retail price for these lipsticks is $40, which I did not expect.

The Estee Lauder New Dimension Shape + Fill Expert Serum is a good inclusion, but now that the parcel does a box specifically for older skin, I wish the serums they included were focused on problems for younger skin such as blemishes and hyper pigmentation. The product that I am probably most looking forward to using is the CROP Natural Pure Macadamia Oil. I haven't seen a macadamia oil around yet, or maybe I have been totally oblivious to them. It is a multi purpose product that hopefully will work for me and because of my oily skin, I had previously been afraid of sticking an oil on my face. But now after looking up skincare tips, oils seem to be the way to go!

Overall, I am a bit disappointed in this seasons box, and I may consider unsubscribing, but I might see what next season brings. They always send out a survey to talk about what you did and didn't like so hopefully they listen. I always hate being negative about these things but I didn't want to lie on my blog about anything.

Have you received your parcel and what are your thoughts?

x

My reviews for other edits: The Parcel by Marie Claire | The Winter Edit 2015The Parcel by Marie Claire | The Autumn Edit 2015The Parcel by Marie Claire | The Spring Edit 2014
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig