Tuesday 6 January 2015

My 2015 Goals

Image via Pinterest

I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about 2015. Which is strange because I feel sightly terrified as well. It's my final year at university and I'm worried I won't graduate. I didn't do to well in one of my units, so I'm worried I won't pass the next one this year. It's also my sister's final year of high school, so she has all of her WACE exams at the end of the year. I feel sorry for my parents, it's going to be one stressful household this year!

But worries aside, I feel like I'm starting to find out who I really am (deep stuff right here) so I feel like I can have some control of how I handle this year. This year, I've set myself 3 achievable goals. Hopefully, not having too many goals for the year will allow me to focus on those and do them really well.

1. Keep a practice journal to help improve my playing
If you don't know, at university, I'm studying Classical Music Performance and I play the flute. As a self confessed guru of procrastination, my practice sessions are not consistent and I often get distracted, which is hampering my playing and my grades. This year, I've bought a journal to write down what I practiced and what I need to, to help me get on top of things that are troubling me and hopefully improve the quality of my practice.

2. Lose 5 kilos
At the end of last year, I had lost about 2 kilos over 2 months. It was from working extra hours and doing little bits of exercise here and there. My family started to notice the difference and I did too. I started to realise that just a little bit of exercise can make a difference, and I was feeling better about how I looked. This year, I want to be more consistent with my exercise and hopefully be 5 kilos lighter by the end of the year.

3. Read 40 books
I got into a bad habit last year. Instead of reading a few chapters of a book before I went to sleep, I would be on my laptop for a couple of hours, which did not help my sleeping pattern. This year, I want to get back into the habit of reading before bed because I do miss it. So using Goodreads, I set myself the challenge of reading 40 books and I can track my progress on there.

The big question now is f I will achieve them by the end of the year! Have you set any goals for this year?

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. All the best with your uni-ing! Not long to go now! I would like to read a bit more too. I use to catch the train to work which was prime reading time but now I drive so I don't read as much =(
    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem too! I didn't realise how much reading I was missing out on just by driving my car! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig