Monday 24 February 2014

The Perfect Red + Tips

If you're like me then you'll know what it's like wandering up and down the beauty section of a store with countless swatches of red lipstick staining your inner arm. Most of us are looking for that perfect red; not too bright, not too dark, matte, glossy, does it make my teeth look yellow? Well fear not, I am hoping to come to your rescue by showing you my favourite red lipsticks with different undertones!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 166 Temptation, Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 090 True Red, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107, Sportsgirl Pout About It Lip Colour in Almost Famous


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 166 Temptation
I would say this is a true red lipstick, even though it has a slight blue base to it. It has a smooth formula and lasted on me for about 4 hours. This colour would be perfect for any skin tone and with the blue base, it does tend to make your teeth look whiter than they are.

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 090 True Red
Even though it's called True Red, which should suit everyone, I found it didn't look that great on me. I think someone who is more tanned than me, which face it, it's about 99% of the human race, it would look fantastic. It has more of an orange base which do tend to suit people with a warm undertone to their skin.

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107
This would have to be my favourite lipstick! This is the perfect red for me. It's deep and has a strong blue tone which is great for my pale cool toned skin. Also it makes my teeth look whiter! This has amazing lasting power to get you through the night without the need for constantly checking your mirror. It's more of a berry shade which is great for Winter but honestly, I wear it all year round.

Sportsgirl Pout About It in Almost Famous
This red has more of an orange tone, so it would suit people with a warm undertone better but I still love it. It's such a vivid red, perfect for summer days and nights. This is a matte formula that lasts a while. Sportsgirl does a great range of lipsticks for about $10 each, so I suggest you go check some out because they're such great quality for a bargain price.

Red lip tips and tricks;
- Prep the lip before you put on makeup by using a lip scrub and some lip balm. This ensures a smooth base for applying your lippy.
- Use a lip pencil to help the colour last longer and to stop potential running outside of your lips.
- To make sure you don't get any on your teeth, stick your (clean!) finger in your mouth, purse your lips around it then pull it out. This will remove any excess lippy and your teeth will be red-free!
- For extra staying power, dust a transparent powder lightly between layers of your lipstick.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig