Friday 9 September 2016

What I've Read Recently #4


Ever since I started my new job a month ago and I've been catching the train to work, I have been reading non stop. Even though public transport takes longer than a car ride, it's nice to just sit for a good 20 minutes and read. I've been reading some really good books lately, and as usual, I would love to talk about them with you!
The Younger Man by Zoe Foster

I am a big fan of Zoe, she is absolutely hilarious, she's married to Hamish Blake and they have the cutest son, and she has her own skincare range. What a lady! She's written a few books, and I've liked most of them. This one I wasn't too sure. It is a "rom com" kind of book which I usually love, like Bridget Jones' Diary, Confessions of a Shopaholic, or Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging. But this just didn't do it for me, it was really predictable and seem to have all the stereotypical things that type of novel should have.

3 Dog Night by Peter Goldsworthy

This book was recommended to me by my Aunty and I was intrigued to read it. It's set in Australia, and I don't think I read hardly any books set in my own country, so I thought I'd give it a go. It was good in the beginning, but when certain events started happening and the characters reacted, it was in ways which I could not really comprehend. I can't say much about the plot because it will give it away but the decisions the characters made I could never imagine a sane human being making, which made all of them so unrelatable. I know that you can't relate to all characters but I could never imagine making the decisions these people made. It also made me feel very uncomfortable and not in a good way.

Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell

Most people read this in high school, but I was in one of the classes that didn't. But I've always been intrigued to read this. A typical post-war dystopian society book, it follows a man that begins to question the reigning body and what life would be like if it weren't controlled in such a crushing way. I really really loved this book! Definitely one that made me think a lot but the story was so well written. This is one I can see myself reading every few years and falling back in love with. This is an essential read I think, and I honestly wish I had read this sooner.

What have you been reading lately?

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig