Monday 5 September 2016

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Primers | REVIEW



Everyone went a bit nuts when Make Up For Ever released their range of Step 1 Primers. They come in so many different types; brightening, smoothing, colour correcting, hydrating, and mattifying. I am on a never ending quest to find a primer that will control my oil but not dry my skin out. So with this huge range, I thought this would be a great opportunity to test out a few considering they come in small and large sizes.I picked up the Mattifying and Smoothing ones, because I felt like these would be the ones that are more suited to my oily/combo and acne prone skin. 

The first one I tried was the Mattifying one, which has a silicone feel. The best tip for this one is less is more. I squeeze about half a pea size onto my finger, then rub two together and spread it over with t-zone. This you don't need all over your face because the majority of the oil comes from the centre. If you apply too much, it starts to ball up and doesn't apply smoothly, so less is definitely more. I think this did control my oil, but not as much as I expected it to. This is definitely for come/oily skin, any drier I think would just really highlight the dry texture of your skin.

The Smoothing one is the star in my opinion. I has a similar look and texture to Benefit's Porefessional and all the other pore minimizing primers. This one I use a little bit more and cover a bigger area of my face than the others. I think all skin types could use this primer as it doesn't dry me out but I find it controls my oils nicely. My makeup goes smoothly on top, and my pores look smaller than normal which is great. And I find my makeup sits nicely the whole day with this as well.

So while I would recommend both, the Smoothing primer is where it's at. The smaller sizes retail at $32 and $58 for the bigger ones. They are available online at Sephora.com.au or at one of their stores if you are one of lucky ones to have one in your city!

Have you tried these out, and how did you get on with them?

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I asked for a sample of the mattifying one at Sephora a while ago and was quite disappointed by it. I just don't think it controlled my oil as well as I hoped it would. Though I didn't think to try out the smoothing one since I didn't think that was designed for oil control but it's good to hear that you enjoy that one more. It's funny how primers can be marketed for so many different reasons and then you find one targeted at a different concern actually works better for you.

    littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so weird! The Stila one step correct primer did a better job at controlling my oils than the MUFE mattifying one! I now don't go specifically for ones that they are targeted for my problems but ones that might have it listed at the bottom of the products claims, they always tend to be better. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig