Monday 4 July 2016

The Tales of a False Lash Newbie + Helpful Tips


False lashes have always scared me. Back in the day when I did dancing, I remember the mums sticking these on my eyelids, and having the feeling that there were weights on my eyes through they day and I had blinkers on. The next experience with these came when I had my makeup done for my recital last year, and I loved the way they looked. So since then, I've been trying to wear them more often and practice my application of them.

My favourite brand for eyelashes would be the Eylure ones, in particular the Fleur Loves and the Volume 100. I have watched many tutorials on how to apply them and while I still have a hit and miss record with them, I have found some techniques that work better than others.

CHOOSING YOUR LASHES AND GETTING THE RIGHT SIZE

Firstly, measure up the eyelashes to your eyes and cut off any excess, always from the outer corner. I always have to cut off a centimeter or two because I have tiny eyes. When I first started out with eyelash, I only used half lashes or accent ones because they are so much easier to apply. The inner corner is always the hardest part of getting the application right so to not have to worry about that is an added bonus.

APPLICATION

 I much prefer to use my fingers to apply the false lashes rather than tweezers. I'm not sure exactly why this is, but I feel more comfortable doing this and find I'm more likely to be accurate. I think with the tweezers I'm more likely to be a bit shaky and get eyelash glue all over my eyelid. Also, when applying the eyelash glue to the lashes, leave it for 10 seconds before applying so it makes the glue tacky and the eyelashes won't be sliding around you eyelids.

I like to get up close to a mirror and tilt my head back. It's always handy to have a little desktop mirror which you can tilt up or one that magnifies, like myself which makes it a lot easier to see what your doing. Then once they are in the place you want them, I like to gently press them and my natural eyelashes together to help them settle right on the lash line. Sometimes I even use a pair of eyelash curlers to get my eyelashes to blend together. 

ADDING FINISHING TOUCHES

Once they are all set in place, I add a little bit of mascara to blend my eyelashes with the false ones. Sometime you don't need to do this but when you have pale eyelashes like me, it will definitely help tie everything together. Also, I run some liquid liner over the lash band to help disguise the band and any glue that may not have dried totally clear. 

REMOVAL

Not going to lie but taking false lashes off is a satisfying feeling. Gently pull the outer corner and they shouldn't have too much resistance. If you find your lashes are sticking together with the falsies, soak a cotton pad in micellar water or makeup remover and gently rub it over your lashes. This should make everything easier. It's proably best to remover your eye makeup with an oil based remover when you have worn falsies to make sure you get rid of all the glue, and to help not waking up with your eyes glued shut, which happened to me a few months ago, not a very pleasant experience.

What are your tips for a newbie at false eyelashes, please let me know!

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I find that I am better at putting lashes on other people than on myself. One lash seems to always go on easier than the other. My favourite lashes are from GlamEyes by Manicare, there's some nice 'natural' ones and some great full ones that I wear for dancing. My tips are cutting the lashes to suit your eyes shape and use a good lash glue, my recommendation is Revlon Precision Lash Glue.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lash glue is definitely an essential!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig