Wednesday 6 July 2016

What's On My Bedside Table


The best feeling after a long day, especially in winter is to curl up in bed with a snugly doona and just have a few minutes to relax before you hit the hay. I am not one of those people who can hop straight into bed, lights out, then drift off to sleep. I have to be sitting in bed for a while and then I will start trying to fall asleep. I wish I could fall asleep quickly, but that only happens when I have jet lag. So here is what I keep beside my bed to ensure I get a healthy dose of beauty sleep.

HYDRATION STATION

In a little mug, I keep everything I need to moisturise my skin before I hit the hay. For my hands, I use the Mecca Cosmetica Transforming Hand Cream which is a great hand cream that doesn't feel too heavy and greasy. For my cuticles, which get really dry after a day at work dusting and cleaning shelves, I use the Ciate Cuticle Oil. I'll only use this on days I was at work but my cuticles feel a lot better the morning after using this. For my lips, nothing is better than the Lucas Pawpaw Ointment, and if your Australian, you will know the cult status that this product has. It's cheap, and can fix anything from chapped lips or to help sooth insect bites and rashes. It's like a balm, but especially in the colder months, I like to rub the packaging in my hands for a bit so that the product warms up and is easier to spread on the lips. I will never be without a tube of this stuff!

A GOOD READ

I'll always keep a book on my bedside table. At the moment I'm really loving reading before bed and trying to keep myself away from my phone or iPad. I'm not reading a novel at the moment but I've had Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes by my side for about a week. My skin at the moment is freaking out! It's dry, tight, my acne is out of control and I look like a beetroot! So I've been reading little sections each night depending on what my skin felt like that day and see if I can either figure out the problems or find something to treat it.

TECH STATION

I keep my phone and iPad charging on my bedside table, and while I've been trying to be good and not use them before bed, some nights I just can't help it. I'll either scroll through Instagram or play a few sneaky games of solitaire! But I know that it's a bad habit, and it is something I'm trying to slowly ween myself out of because I have found that I do sleep better when I read rather than stare at my screen.

What do you keep next to you in bed?

x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I use to have a few things on my bedside table but eventually I forget to use them lol. Now I just have my phone (usually charging) as it's my alarm and a good book to help me fall asleep, currently I'm ready Hero of Ages which is a very good fantasy book.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some nights when all I want to do is sleep and sometimes I forget those things as well! Sleep is the number one priority of we're being honest! :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that ointment you use in your lips, mine have been soooo dry and sore recently and nothing seems to be working!!!!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best stuff ever! Fixes everything!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig