Monday 7 March 2016

Subtle Smokey Eye With The Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette




So the other night I wanted to experiment with my Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette and I created a soft smokey eye. My makeup skills are still not the best, but I am definitely seeing improvement and I feel like I can start to become more adventurous. I also want to start posting more looks, because I've always been afraid of what people might say about how I look, but lately I've been like "So what!". So I hope you enjoy this look.


I primed my face with the Stila One Step Correct Primer and used the Stila Stay All Day Foundation, which is probably my favourite full coverage foundation. For my concealer combo, I used the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer  for any blemishes and the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for under my eyes, it's good for brightening and covering any dark areas around my eyes. To set everything in place, I used  MAC Studio Fix Powder, which adds extra coverage and sets everything down. My blush and bronzer combo of choice was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion, which is subtle and the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in the lightest shade and is also the only bronzer I own, shock horror!

For my eyes, I primed them with the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly which not only keeps my eyeshadow on, it creates a nice base for everything to glide on. Then I used the star of the show, the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette. I started by using the top left shade all over my eye area, right up to my brows. Then I used the bottom right shade, working that into my crease, or my lack of since I have hooded eyes. Then using the top right shade I applied to my eyelids, and then blending it into my crease shade. Finally, I used my fingers to add on the glitter bottom left shade all over my eyelids, but not too much because I wanted it to be subtle. For my mascara, I used the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara which reminds me a lot of the Benefit They're Real Mascara but with a different brush. Then do to my brows, I used the Too Faced Bulletproof Brows in Taupe and to set them, the Eyeko Bow Gel.

The to finish the look off, I put on the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria. I love the feel of this lipstick, it is so comfortable to wear!

I hoped you liked this kind of post, and I really want to do some more like this in the future. I just need to take better photos of my eye makeup! If you have any tips about that, please let me know!

x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig