Friday 19 September 2014

Save VS Splurge: Pressed Powder



Ah the joys of oily skin. My collection of powders is ever growing in my conquest to stop the shine. I'm going to be comparing two powders that I have tried and tested, one drug store and one high end, to see which one worked for me the best.

Drug Store - Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder
The Rimmel website claims that it has "up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals" and "helps reduce the appearance of pores". It retails for $12.95 at Priceline and you get 14g of product. Personally, that is a great price for any product you would buy at a drugstore. But being honest, it is not the greatest powder I've used. I know, everyone else loves it but I found it just wasn't as good as other ones I used. I like it, but I just don't love it. I don't think it lasts up to 5 hours and my face does look a bit cake in areas where I do get a bit of product buildup e.g. on my chin, and around my nose. It works a bit better on BB creams I found than foundations, who knows why. Overall, I found this to be alright but a bit disappointing after all the hype that it gets.

High End - M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural 
This claims to have "light coverage" and is used to set foundation and to touch up. This comes in about 15 different shades, so you will find the perfect one for you.  For 10g, $49 is a bit much but boy is it worth it. It gives an almost translucent coverage over my foundation and keeps me matte. you can barely feel it on your skin. It looks like you've set your face with powder but it looks so natural and I find it never gets cake on my face. I honestly have been using this every day since I've got it. I prefer this in the day time as I use my M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder at night as it gives extra coverage. I have never loved a powder as much as I do this one. I am so glad I took the plunge to get this.

If your looking for a pressed powder that doesn't get cakey and gives you a nice light coverage, definitely spend a bit more and go for the SPLURGE option. Trust me, you will not regret it!

x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really want to try a Mac MSF! I absolutely hated the rimmel stay matte, it did nothing for my skin!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've found someone else who doesn't like the Stay Matte, I felt like I was the only one! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig