Sunday 28 September 2014

Creamy but Drying | Australis Velourlips


I am a bit of a matte lip junkie, I confess. I just prefer the look and longevity of a matte lip to a glossy lip. The Australis Velourlips have been out for a while now, but they just released 5 new colours and there was a sale on Australis, 3 for 2 at Priceline, so I new I had to pick up 3 to give a go. I chose the shades N-Y-CEE, a true red, MI-A-MEE, a bright watermelon pink, and HON-O-LOO-LOO, a soft peachy nude.


When applied these go on super easy as they are really creamy. One coat gives you a good coverage, but you can definitely build it up with another coat. However, they accentuate any lines on your lips like crazy! I exfoliated my lips before and applied lip balm but it just dried up really quickly. Other matte formulas that I use and love like M.A.C.'s and Revlon's are no where near as bad as this. I'm going to give them another try in a few months, because maybe I was a having a few bad lip days. 

Also, the colours of MI-A-MEE and HON-O-LOO-LOO didn't end up suiting me. I swatched them a fews times at the shops before and I have colours similar to those already but they just didn't look right.To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with these products because everyone raves about them but maybe I need to give them a few more chances.

Does anyone have any tips on applying and these and stop making them dry out my lips?

x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love the look of Hon-o-loo-loo! Its a shame they are so drying!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig