Sunday 31 August 2014

August Favourites | 2014


Well August went by quickly, I just want everything to slow down a bit so I can have a breather because life has been so busy lately, especially for uni. But enough of the typical "it's all moving so quickly" intro and on to the favourites.

Firstly, my order off Ulta arrived this month. I only got a few things and the Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer is one of them. I had tried a sample of this from Mecca Cosmetica and immediatly fell in love. I ordered this off Ulta because of the price difference but now that Mecca has dropped its prices, I'll stock up there from now on. This foundation just seems to glide on my skin and blends nicely, with a medium coverage and semi-matte finish. This with the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is a match made in heaven. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer has been another favourite of mine this past month. It does such a good job of covering up my under-eye circles and doesn't crease at all.

I tend to stick with the same shampoo for a long time, but this month I tried something new and I've been converted. The Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo is great for my greasy hair. I come out of the shower and my hair feels so clean! I can go up to 3 days now without washing my hair, maybe even 4 with a bit of help from some dry shampoo. But that is pretty amazing for my hair. Lastly, the Clinique High Impact Mascara is a sample that was given to me by my mum. She uses a lot of Clinique products, and waits till they have freebies so she can stock up on her products. I always get the ones she doesn't want, so this time it was the mascara and the makeup bag it came with. It makes my lashes so fluttery and they don't clump at all. I would love to get the full size one when it dries up but I don't know if I can justify the price tag when you can get some amazing drugstore mascaras.

What have been your favourites this month?

x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The stila stay all day foundation and concealer sound lovely! Ill have to check that out :)
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig