Monday 2 May 2016

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation Review


I am always on the lookout for a perfect base for my skin. One that has enough coverage to cover my acne but won't feel heavy on my skin. One that is easy to blend out and is pale enough for my stark white skin. And I may have found one that ticks those boxes.


The Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Velvet SPF15 comes in 8 shades, I am the lightest which is B12, and is priced at $77AUD. I love the packaging for this, and that is one of the main reasons I picked it to be honest. I wanted a foundation for my holiday that was in a plastic bottle, small, and I knew wouldn't be messy. This is a lot smaller than other foundation packaging but holds the same amount which is great. Before using, give it a shake, then I squeeze little dots on my finger to place around my face. My favourite brush to use for it is the Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush, or a Beauty Blender works just as well.

The coverage is a solid medium, and can be built up but I don't think it is full coverage. I find that it covers most of my blemishes and redness really well, but I always use concealer on top anyway. It has a very silky finish that does dry down matte but never feels really dry, almost like a powder feel. Even though it covers a lot, it still looks quite natural on the skin. It last all throughout the day and honestly, I've never had to blot with this foundation or felt overly oily. 

I think this is a perfect foundation for all year round for my oily to combination skinned girls out there. Great for everyday wear or even nights out depending on the coverage you want as it will last all night. Definitely worth the splurge. And after using this almost everyday on my 2 month plus being at hoe for a few months, it's still going strong.

What are your thoughts on this foundation?

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig