Monday 18 April 2016

Warmer Scents For The Cooler Months


Perfume is something I love but my collection is not massive. For me, my love of the perfume has to be so strong that I will buy it without second thoughts, I don't want one that I'm not sure about. And especially because it can be pretty pricey. Most of the time, my birthday wishlists mostly consist of perfumes. I used to be all about the fresh and floral scents, and I still am, but lately I've been loving some of the richer scents in the cooler seasons. *cue the bad scent descriptions, I wish smell-o-vision was a thing*


For the daytime, I still like my scents fresh, but to have a bit more depth to them. Daisy by Marc Jacobs Eau De Toilette is a classic fragrance and while it is quite a fresh, floral one, there are some hints of musk in it which make it a deeper scent. Am I making sense? Can you understand it? I hope so! My pride and joy day time fragrance at the moment that I bought when I went to London is the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne. It has the deeper scents of the sage but the sea salt gives it a fresh scent, almost like what the beach smells like.

The evening scents I have been loving lately are both recent additions to my fragrance wardrobe are the Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge and the Stella McCartney Stella Perfume. Both have really rich scents that are not too overpowering. The Estee Lauder scent is floral and fruity but has hints of spicy oriental scents through it. The Stella perfume smells like roses but almost has a woody side to it that makes it the perfect evening scent.

What scent do you love in the cooler months?

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the Honey version of the MJ fragrance and Si by Giorgio Armani is a favourite too.

    ALittleKiran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a whiff of the Si perfume the other day, and I've chucked it on my wishlist! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig