Friday 9 February 2018

Everyday Makeup Drawer #1


One of my favourite things about moving has been redoing my makeup setup (sad, I know). But something about organising things into little sections just gives me great satisfaction! The desk in my room is the half size version of the one I had back home so that was really handy, I've filled that with some of the Muji PP Vanity dividers and on top of my desk I have my Muji Acrylic 2 Drawers, which I am using the bottom to store all my lipsticks and the top has my everyday makeup. So I wanted to give you a look into my top drawer which is what I would wear on a typical day. It makes it easy to reach for on mornings when I need to get ready quickly and contains a few products I want to use up.


For base, I have a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer which I'm trying to work through. I really like it though, it makes my skin feel really smooth and everything applies over it really well. My everyday foundation of choice is the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 12 Beige Rose. This is my second bottle of the stuff but I don't think I'll get another one as I don't think the colour is right for me which is a shame because this foundation is great for travelling or just everyday wear. To conceal I use the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral, which I'm trying to use up and to powder, I use my trusty MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Fair.

I haven't been into wearing blush lately, which is pretty common in winter, so it's just bronzer and highlighter next. The Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer is my current go-to bronzer but one I am wanting to finish up soon. For highlight, my favourite one is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle which is the one I can make look natural to wear on an everyday basis.


For brows, I've been using a combo of something old, something new. My something old is the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette which is probably my favourite brow product ever! I've been using the Glossier Boy Brow in Brown for about a month now and I'm really digging it. Then I usually line underneath my top lashes with the Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Corrupt, I'm almost finished this and next time, I think I'll repurchase a matte brown rather than one with shimmer. I don't have any eyeshadow in the drawer but I usually reach for my palettes which sit on top of the drawers, majority of the time I reach for my custom MAC palette. My everyday mascara is the MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash which has a small wand but gives my lashes length and separation which I like for everyday. Lastly, I use the Glossier Balm Dot Com Original, which is rivalling my Lucas Paw Paw ointment as my favourite lip balm!

I'm going to be making this a little series and do a new post every time the stash in the drawer has some changes, so I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you've been using on the daily, I'd love to know!

x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Omg literally the only fun part of moving is getting to reoganise your makeup, haha. Unpacking everything else is so boring and exhausting but the makeup part is always really fun! I've never really been able to stick to the whole "daily makeup drawer" that gets switched in and out because I always find myself looking at my main stash and forgetting about what's in the drawer, but it would be really helpful for setting aside products you're trying to finish up, or ones that you know you're always going to be using, like brow gel and eyelash curlers, etc.

    littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig