Wednesday 31 August 2016

The Monthly Edit | August 2016


This month has been absolutely crazy! I got a new full time job! Goodbye retail and hello corporate world! Also hello money! The Olympics was on and I became glued to the TV for two weeks. I love watching all the athletes achieve their goals and the emotions after they win. But secretly I'm disappointed if the Aussies missed out on gold (which seemed to be most of the time). But they did so well and congratulations to all the athletes who competed. It must be an amazing feeling to represent your country at such at the highest level.

BEAUTY

This month I repurchased the Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil and I didn't realise how much I missed it. It takes everything off so easily, and doesn't leave an oily residue behind. It hasn't effected my acne and it doesn't irritate my skin, so what's not to like. Also, it's cheap!

MUSIC, MOVIES, BOOKS & TV

This month I went to the movies to see the Ab Fab movie. I have watched the show since I was little as it's one of my mum's favourites. But I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I loved the TV show. It seemed to be more about how many celebs they could fit into it rather than the humor. I haven't been watching much TV, but I've been reading a lot of books now that I catch the train to work. I absolutely loved 1984 by George Orwell. It really makes you think about the world you live in and really appreciate the freedom we have. It reflects the world after WW2, and presents a different view of the future if Communism was successful. Definitely one to read, and now I understand why it is such a classic.




INTERNET FINDS
BLOG POSTS


x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig