Monday 6 June 2016

Rose Gold Smokey Eye With MAC's Tan Pigment


I have always been very afraid of using pigments because a) they seem messy, and b) my eyeshadow game is not very strong. But I told myself, I won't get any better if I don't keep trying new things and practicing new techniques. I took this as a sign to go shopping and I ended up getting the MAC Pigment in Tan. I thought this would be a good colour to start with because it's neutral and I could wear it day or night to any occasion.

To start off and prime, I use the Australis Blemish Buster Primer all over and the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Mattifying Primer in my t-zone and oily areas. Then with a damp Beauty Blender I apply the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1C1 Cool Bone (review) all over making sure the coverage is even. This foundation is fast becoming my favourite of all time. To conceal under my eyes I use the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15. To lightly set everything, I use the  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to add a little radiance.  To inject some life into my skin I used the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 and to add some glow, MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle

To prime my eyelids I use my fingers to apply the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly all over up to my brows. Then I define my crease with the Salted Caramel shade from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, and also applying the same shade under my eyes with a pencil brush. Then from the same palette, I take Semi-Sweet and apply it to the outer third of my lid for definition. To apply the pigment, I take a brush and spray it with MAC Fix + to help adhere the pigment and to intensify the colour. I use my blending brush that I used for the crease shade just to help blend it out and to not leave any harsh lines.


I used the Fleur De Force by Eylure Fleur Loves Lashes and applied them with Duo Lash Glue, then added a coat of the Maybelline Pump Up Colossal Mascara. To conceal the lash glue, I added a thin line of the Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Liner.  For my lips, I decided to vamp it up with the Stila Stay All Day liquid Lipstick in Chianti.

I hope you liked this look. I want to start experimenting more and I wonder if you guys would love to know about my adventures in experimenting with makeup?

x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig