Thursday 25 June 2015

#TREATYOSELF





As is my usual tradition, I went on a bit of a shopping trip to celebrate the end of the semester. I got a Mecca Cosmetica gift voucher for my birthday, and I had a list as long as my legs of things I wanted to get. But I picked out a few that I've definitely been eyeing out for a long time!

Firstly, I had six items to Back 2 MAC. When you give them six of their products that you've used up, you get a free lipstick! I ended up picking the shade Peach Blossom because I wanted another nude shade and I kept swatching that one overtime I've been to MAC lately. 


My next stop was Aesop, as I wanted to pick up the Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream. My lips have been really dry this winter and I wanted something that would hydrate them. Also, I caved and bought the cult Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. Everyone and their mother raves about this product and I'm almost out of my Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque, so I wanted to try this out to see what all the hype is about.

The real purpose of my trip was to Mecca Maxima. The two products that have probably been on my wishlist for the longest time, the By Terry Ombre Backstair in Bronze Moon and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light, are finally mine! With having the gift card, I felt like I could finally justify purchasing products that are generally way out of my budget. I then picked up the Mecca Cosmetica Brush With Success Brush Cleaner because I was out of my MAC one, nothing thrilling there. Lately I've been wanting to try a lot of new foundations and the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup caught my eye. It comes in a great range of shades to suit everyone and is one of those foundations which are really liquid-y, which I'm excited to give a try. Also from Urban Decay, I picked up the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-One Eye Pencil in Sabbath which is a deep matte navy blue. I've been wanting to step out of my comfort zone in terms of my makeup lately and I feel like different coloured eyeliners is the way to go for me.

I feel like this was a bit more crazy than I would usually go, but this semester at uni was really stressful for me and I feel like I deserved to treat myself for coping with this semester well, keeping my breakdowns to under 10 this semester! Woo! I find that setting rewards for myself at the end of difficult things is a way I can cope easier and focus harder on the tasks ahead. So remember . . . 

#TREATYOSELF

x

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Woohooo! Treat yo self! I really want to try the By Terry Ombre Blackstars - definitely out of my price range but one day I will! The Aesop Parsley seed mask is on my shopping list, picking it up after I finish one of my current masks. I've wanted it for so long and have only heard good things!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ombre Blackstars are definitely a splurge item, but totally worth it :)

      Delete
  2. What an awesome haul! I can totally vouch for how worth the money both the By Terry Ombre Blackstars and the Hourglass Ambient Lightings Powders are! And that Urban Decay eyeliner sounds beaaautiful!

    Ash / www.thebeautycollection.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig