Saturday 25 April 2015

2 Hits And A Miss From Max Factor


Max Factor is one brand at the drugstore which I never seem very interested in. They're products weren't widely talked about on blogs or YouTube, and their prices are at the higher end of the drugstore. But lately, they've had a few new releases that have been catching everyone's eye, so I'd though I would try them out for myself.

The Hits

The Max Factor Facefinity Primer was so hyped up in the blogging world for a long time before it reached Australian stores so I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of this to the aisles of Priceline. This is one of the primers that I can rely on to keep my makeup in place all day. Some times if I'm wearing my makeup for a long period of time, I do have to blot my face but the makeup is still like it was when I put it on which is fantastic.

I never thought I'd be a blush person. I used to despise it and now I own 5. Crazy how minds can be changed. One blush that has become my obsession over the past month is the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve. These have been described as a dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes and I would have to agree on that. They look very similar in the pan and both have that finely milled texture to them. This one just add a subtle hint of colour to my cheeks and a glow, and it's the only brush I've been wearing since I got it!

The Miss

I was so excited to try this mascara, the Max Factor Masterpiece Transform Mascara, as the brush looked really funky. Also, a lot of people seem to rave about Max Factor mascaras and I've never tried one before. However, after the first coat on my lashes, I immediate disliked it. There's something about the formula that I really don't like. It's a very thick formula so it's difficult to brush through your lashes and feels really sticky. Also, I found it did nothing spectacular to my lashes. This mascara was definitely a disappointment.

x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Max Factor has been getting quite a bit of attention lately! I do really want to try the primer and blushes, but I've resisted. It sucks that the mascara didn't work out for you, I know a lot of people like it!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had to get one thing, definitely the blush! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig