Sunday, 5 October 2014

MOTD | Silvery Smokey Eye


The other night, I went to a friends concert at Uni so I thought I'd try something a bit different with my eye makeup. I'm still a bit of an eyeshadow noob, but I try. Practice makes perfect right?

I started by priming my face with the Mecca Cosmetica Complexion Perfection Anti-Redness Primer. My skin was being extra tomato-y that day so I needed something to help neutralise it. Then for foundation, I used my Stila Stay All Day Foundation to have a medium coverage base. And of course I used my two favourite concealers, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser, for under my eyes, and the NARS Radient Creamy Concealer, for my blemishes. To set it all, I used my trusty M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. I love this because it sets everything but leaves it with a natural, non-cakey look. For blush, I used the beautiful NARS Blush in Deep Throat to give a flush to my complexion. 

Pistol, Verve, and Blackout.
To prime my eyes, I used the NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Then as a base to my smokey eye look, I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. Then I used my Urban Decay Naked2 Palette to create this smokey eye. Firstly I put the shade Verve, on the inner third of the eyelid. Then the shade Pistol on the outer two thirds and blended it out to create a smokey look. Then I used Blackout as a liner on my outer half of my eyelid and smudge it a bit to emphasise the smokey look. For mascara, I used the Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara which I have been loving! To finish off the look I used M.A.C. Matte Lipstick in Mehr to balance out the look.

x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Deepthroat looks gorgeous! I must pick up that blush!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful, it's almost a muted version of Orgasm x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig